Welcome to my Blog!

Thank you so much for stopping by. I am a photographer who loves to capture the real you by telling your story, showing your emotions, and having fun during the photo session. I am a wedding and portrait photographer who captures your life's story through a journalistic style.

Enjoy the blog! I try and update it often, so come back and visit. I hope you will comment, I love hearing from everyone!

Friday, February 5, 2010

AZ Workshop

Where did January go? I can't believe it is already February and this month seems to be flying by too. When I saw information on this workshop in Phoenix I couldn't pass it up. My husband was awesome and said I should go, I had frequent flier miles, a best friend to crash with, and 2 great photographers to learn from. It just seemed like it was meant to be. The workshop is Create Better Images put on by 2 amazing photographers in the Arizona area. After going over photography at the studio for 3 hours we got to head outside with 3 amazing models and put our skills to the test.

Cheyenne is a high school senior and an amazing model. Isn't she gorgeous? I never looked like this in high school. She was so sweet and great at doing whatever 20 photographers asked of her.



We also had a couple model for us as a bride and groom. It actually is a sad story, they hired a photographer for their wedding, saw their photos online and then he went bankrupt and they never got proofs, pictures, a wedding album, nothing. Six years later and finally they will have some photos they can cherish for a long time. This couple was also great to work with and up for anything.





One thing I took away from this class - don't be afraid of light. I love Arizona warm light. Aren't these amazing? In Montana during winter we don't see light like this, so it was fun to photograph in.










I don't have too many seniors that I photograph so working with her was a lot of fun.

What a great weekend in Arizona. Now I'm excited for summer, warm sunshine, and fun outdoors. I'm starting to get a little cabin fever with all this snow.

1 comments:

guthridge said...

These are awesome, Heather!! You should definitely get more seniors after seeing these shots. They are gorgeous!!
Kalin